May 21, 2010

Deer Tick - Black Dirt Sessions




I gave black dirt sessions a first listen. Overall I think this album is good, I have found I am always cool to new albums until I hear them 3 or 4 times so this is really just a starting point. However I can say the album really improved after the first track which I didn’t like at all. They are really going in some new directions with a more varied style and some unexpected instrumentation. “Piece by Piece and Frame by Frame” as well as “Mange” are standouts so far. I also enjoyed the new version of Christ Jesus, the piano was a really cool way to go here.

I like where this band is going but both with this and born on flag day part of me just wants more of the uncomplicated nature and raw emotion of War Elephant.


1 comment:

  1. Love the instrumental solo set in the beginning..

    SirIndie
    SirIndie.com

    ReplyDelete