Jun 15, 2010

The Deep Dark Woods

When you conjure up Saskatoon, Sakatchewan what images pop to mind? A barren landscape dotted with evergreen trees and Moose? A pack of wolves howling on a snow covered hillside? How about a group of scraggy guys dressed in long-johns singing “Hang me, oh hang me”? If you conjured the latter, you are either a prophet or you are already familiar with the musical genius of The Deep Dark Woods. You might also be surprised to find out that Sakatoon is in fact a vibrant city of 270,000 people with a thriving music scene.

With their newest release, “Winter Hours”, which grabbed the #1 spot in my top ten ranking of 2009, The Deep Dark Woods have cemented their reputation as one of my favorite bands. Ryan Boldt's subtle baritone vocals shine throughout and the band recently added an organist to the mix, which completes the sound.

1 comment:

  1. Cool, mellow, and soothing song. Not sure if I would get the entire album, but I would definitely give this song some spins on the iPod. =)

    SirIndie
    SirIndie.com

    ReplyDelete